Pro Evolution Soccer face
Nicolas Pépé
Sponsored links
PESFaces - Download realistic faces for Pro Evolution Soccer Pro Evolution Soccer Faces (PES13) Best Football Game!!
FACEMAKING Tips & Tricks by Toza
Username
Password

| Edited by toza 18. April 2012 12:38

toza

Warn Level 0
Hi to you all, I'll try to post tips & tricks I used in this thread, hope you'll find them usefull

Together with a few facemakers from CROPES, Alex7 and ZOKA1000, Sudac and me have compiled and written a facemaking tutorial with links.

It covers almost any aspect of facemaking, choosing the right template and picture, getting started, links for all the needed software, links for tutorials,
and a very detailed Blender tutorial, made by Sudac.

Unforunately (for you) it's in Croatian language, but maybe you can use the links or SS-es to understand it, so take a look :

http://forum.crop...325.0.html

Credits to all facemakers that made the youtube videos...

toza

Warn Level 0
6. HD tutorial for non HD .bin files (KONAMI original faces, etc.)

PES2012 has unfortunately all faces in 256 x 512 format, if you would like to make a HD face and
use a KONAMI face as template, you need to resize it to HD.
You can use other software to do it, but I personally find the the two mentioned below the most reliable, easy and fast :

1. You need to resize your texture in PS (Photoshop) or another image editing software to the size
of 1024 x 1024
2. Install the needed software/plugins :
a) PES Ultimate Data Explorer
Cool NVIDIA Texture Tools for Photoshop (depending on your OS-u choose the version)

3. Backup your old .bin file (better safe than sorry) !!!

Procedure :

i.imgur.com/RTvK4.jpg

1. Start PES Ultimate Data Explorer and open your .bin file (still not HD)
2. Kick on Image Editor tab...a file list will appear, usually with 3 files, sometimes more.
3. Choose the file with the texture, usually the last or the forelast file in the list, a image of your
texture should appear, sized 256 px i 512 px.
4. Klick on Save as DDS and save it under any name (not relevant) don't close PES UDE yet !

Working in PS

a) Start PS and open your DDS file
Cool Go to image > Image Size... if needed tick-off Constrain Proportions and write
Pixel Dimensions 1024 in both slots
c) After successfully resizeing, copy & paste your preprepaired texture (1024 x 1024)
d) Flat all layers and save as DDS, a new window NVIDIA Texture Tools... will appear
Now we have some work to do in PS :

i.imgur.com/oRxh9.jpg

e) Use the setting as shown above and finally save this DDS

Return to PES Ultimate Data Explorer :

5. Choose Open DDS and load your edited DDS file
(if you did everything right, the texture size should be 1024 x 1024)
6. Klick on Replace Image
7. Klick on Save and your new .bin file is now in HD !

toza

Warn Level 0
Thanks ACE...I noticed your thread, but the images are not directly visible, please try to upload the URL's

This is another tutorial I'd like to share, I posted it on CROPES forum today and translated it in English, hope that someone will find it useful

JELAVIĆ HAIR

i.imgur.com/fmjAX.jpg

I'll make/ translate the "Patchwork tutorial" for his face soon, maybe today

toza

Warn Level 0
PATCHWORK TECHNIQUE - FUN WITH BODYPARTS Wink

Probably all facemakers came across this problem during their work :
you would like to make a face, but you can't find decent enough photos :@

Don't worry, sometimes you can use a few photos for cutouts that you combine in one texture/photo and make a face of it !
Sometimes you can even use other textures or photos of other people for cutouts...I'll try to explain :

i.imgur.com/gnR8O.jpg

1. Used a template face...in this case I found that Kuyt would be good for Jelavić, although Jelavić had a Konami face I simply couldn't use it
2. I've put a mediocre, even bad photo of Jelavić over it and adjusted the position to overlap with Kuyt ( like you would usually do when you make faces)

Now comes the "Patchwork"
I found other photos of Jelavić, in much better quality, but from bad angles, so I used it to cut out the needed parts

3. Then I overlaped them with the texture (2.) stretched, distorted, skewd them, matched the color (match color, curves, Hue saturation,...)
4. Finally I flatened them and used the healing brush to match them perfectly

toza

Warn Level 0
"PATCHWORK No2" - USING PHOTOS/ TEXTURES OF OTHER PEOPLE

This is a short story of Žuljević, OK, this is another player from the Croatian 1.HNL, anyways, photos of him are extreme low qualitiy, the result of his future face would evidently be also bad !
But some parts of his face reminded me of a texture I already had on my PC and of the actor Jason Strathan, so I advised a facemaker from Cropes forum, who
tried to make this face what to do...

I explained him (in words) how I would solve this problem...with "PATCHWORK", unfortunately the facemaker did not had time and thought it would be too complicated so he gave up.

So I decided to show him with this example that it wouldn't be too difficult...

I took his texture and patched it :

i.imgur.com/JoK36.jpg

The original picture of this player is the one in the middle left in the jersey and I used it only as an background, because it was too blurry and bad.
Also he has a weird smile, so UV mapping would be difficult.

What I did, I used Jason Strathans (picture left) beard and mouth, even his nose, but that needed to be fixed with warp,
skew and distort in PS. I also used some parts of this HD texture (picture above), eyes and eyebrows

This isn't finished, but I left it so on purpose, so he/and you can see the different parts more clearly...try to compare !

To finish it, you should just rotate the brows (or skew) a bit and use the healing brush tool to make it even it all out

I used/ patented this technique many times, because half-decent pictures of Croatian players in our league are impossible to find...
This example took me only about 15-30 minutes, believe me or not...the tricky part ist to find a good match/clone on the internet

Maybe you think it's too much trouble, or takes too much effort, maybe true, but sometimes you'll need to step it up if you want to make your favourite player
but don't have the photos Wink

toza

Warn Level 0
Just another example

i.imgur.com/9A0S2.jpg

Left- Orlando SA, used as template (texture and model)
Right - Barišič Marko from HNK Hajduk Split, face made with this technique

AceTorres

Admin

really thanks for the tuto mate, now new facemaker can study from here Grin
Sorry For my bad english!

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!

toza

Warn Level 0

harrienak wrote:
ty m8. good tips. sometimes i use patchwork too. mostly i use other hd templates and use them as base layer.

Yeah, thats the way, me too Wink

@Ace-No problem, thats what it is for Wink

rednik

Warn Level 0
Tozo majstore je bi mogao da mi pomognes oko ovoga posto si ti majstor,http://www.mediafire.com/i/?j3f3gh7b2atfofo

toza

Warn Level 0
Ne znam, koji to editor koristiš ?
Probaj sa Pes ultimate editorom ili W!ld-ovim

Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML: